Passion for Travel is a travel blog, but now and then it’s fun to add a few other posts that I feel like writing there and then. 2017 has been a good year, and I hope 2018 will be too. I look at every new year as a new beginning, and a possibility to improve, change and achieve certain things, even though I do not decide on or like new year resolutions. They just don’t happen anyway.
ACHIEVED IN 2017
- Visited three new cities (countries really, but I’m a city girl and therefore only mention the cities), which are Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Dubai. I loved all three of them. I’ve wanted to go to KL forever and ended up enjoying the city a lot. I fell in love with Dubai, and have decided to return for a longer stay in 2018.
- I’ve started improving my Spanish. I lived in Barcelona a long time ago, and need to work on my language skills to speak Spanish fluently, even though I understand quite a bit. It’s sad to forget a language, and I’m not willing to let that happen.
- I started this blog. It doesn’t have a huge amount of readers, but it’s out there and read by both friends and strangers worldwide, which is more than I had hoped for.
- I bought a Nikon mirrored camera, and started improving my photography skills.
- Removed coke from my life. I was addicted to coke, now I’m not, which I’m quite proud of. It’s been 2-3 months now, and my fingers are permanently thinner.
GOALS AND WISHES FOR 2018
- Visit two new cities (countries). I already know that they’ll be Taipei, Taiwan and Seoul, South Korea.
- Continue to improve my Spanish.
- Continue to blog. I had to take a break for a couple of months this autumn. When I first started the blog, I wrote all the time. It got to a point where my mind was just empty of words, but the words seem to be back fortunately.
- Continue to improve my photography skills. I’m considering doing a photography course, but I don’t really know how to pick the right one. Photography has taught me a lot, I observe the world in a way I never did before.
- Fly to London, UK for fancy afternoon tea. I’ve always wanted to try fancy afternoon tea (with champagne) in London, and finally have the oppurtunity. I’m hoping a friend of mine who lives there and is reading my blog will be able to join me.
- Start working out. I want to loose some weight, get stronger and fitter.
- Eat healthier. This includes searching for tasteful meals which are quick to make after work, so that I’m not tempted to replace dinner with chocolate.
- Explore one new place in Norway. I recently got my drivers license, and I want to explore more of our beautiful nature.
- Read more interesting books. When I’m lazy, I end up reading Nora Roberts or similar. I want to find and read more interesting books which appeals to me.
- Buy fresh roses for my living room every Friday. Roses are some of my favorite flowers, and a beautiful bouquet is always appreciated.
There are a few items on my wishlist. This is not a Christmas wishlist, but general. I hope I’ll be able to buy some of these things while traveling in 2018.
- Burberry giant cashmere/wool shawl in Ash Rose.
- Swarovski fit earrings, long in silver.
- Camera lense; Nikon 16-35mm F4 AFS G ED VR.
- Tiffany Olive Leaf Drop Earrings.
- Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Toilette handbag perfume.